(keitai-l) Re: New Blackberry

From: Greg Corrin <greg_at_ym.catv.ne.jp>
Date: 03/05/02
I don't know when they will get color, but the advantage blackberry and the
new treo have over the average keitai is corporate adoption.

In Japan, the small size, variety, and vibrant LCD of devices is fantastic,
but even DoCoMo admits that it has failed to convince enterprise users to
pay for all the new FOMA glitter. Aside from the guy at the construction
site mentioned on an earlier post.

Blackberry syncs to the corporate desktop, if you don't use M$ or outlook,
you probably don't care for it, but it makes sense for the average
businessperson in the states. And btw, I'm a huge fan of "Thumb Dancing
Competitions", but I'd put my money on the guy with a QWERTY any day. No
matter how small it is.

Another U.S. start-up, Danger is developing Hiptop in the same brick size
range at 5 ounces. No color screen either, (they are actually proud of 16
shades of gray) but it has a decent interface and it works with the software
people have already adopted to help manage their lives.