(keitai-l) Re: 3G services - Any close encounters of the thirdkind yet?

From: Riku Nakamura <rikky_at_gigaflops.co.jp>
Date: 03/06/02
Hi

I swiched my main phone from F503is to FOMA N2002 in Janualy.
It forces a lot of difficulties on me.

First of all.
I can't access and subscribe to some kind of content service.
AOL-i and i-Area were my most favorite service,but I can't use both of
them.

Another difficulty is Area and the sensitivity.
I'm live in center of Tokyo.(Meguro and Shibuya),so covered area.
When I went to ski in Nagano,I couldn't use my phone off coures.
(But It was convenient for my vacation)
Sensitivity had been improved ,compared with it's start in Sep 2001.
But the sensitivity is still very weak in central Tokyo indeed.

Are there any positive experience?

Speed.
The speed is pretty good.
You can feel very poweful speed of Requesting mail or WEB-Browsing
easily.The power of speed make me feel the future.
Unfortunately,you can feel the future only in a very narrow spot of good
sensitive FOMA area.

Bye