(keitai-l) Re: i-mode launch and service offering announced by E-Plus

From: Gustaf Rosell <gustaf_at_xpedio.com>
Date: 03/07/02
At 00:43 2002-03-07, you wrote:

>On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Olivier MARTIN wrote:
>
> > URL below :
> >
> http://www.eplus-imode.de/1/de/html/pub/presse/presseinformationen/presse_ueber_en.html
>
>I noticed a couple of interesting things about the press release
>on the phone itself:
>
>     1. No weight specified.
>
>     2. No picture of the phone.
>
>Anybody know where I can get this information?

Here and, of course, at mobilemediajapan:

http://www.kpnmobile.com/the_N21i_handset.html

http://discuss.mobilemediajapan.com/stories/storyReader$3606 (see fact sheet).

It's a pretty dull experience. Clumsier than Japanese NECs, ugly interface
etc. And no Java, which probably is a big mistake (?).

Anyway, I hope some of the upcoming other phones are more interesting. NEC
has also announced a follow-up phone which _should_ be able to handle
i-mode as well as WAP 2 nicely (but you never know). It will be released at
CeBIT next week. This will most likely be the base for the first i-mode
phone for AT&T.

Quite a few other colour phones will be there, but most of them being
bastards in terms of supporting standards, especially WAP 2.

Anyway, a glimpse of the new NEC is here:

http://www.nec-cebit.com/press_detail.asp?press_id=23

/gustaf