(keitai-l) Re: Will Microsoft eat your phone?

From: Michael Barbarelli <mbarbarelli_at_macromedia.com>
Date: 03/08/02
With all due respect to Robert Cringely, might I add that it could be a good idea to take his articles with a grain of salt?  Many of his articles regarding M$ have taken a unilateral stance against the juggernaut.  His articles seem to be packed with subjectivity and lacking of the kind of balance that might add more validity to his work.

While Cringely waves the bloody sheet and warns of the coming, M$ sponsored, apocalypse, I'd like to site a breif excerpt from one of Daniel Scuka's recent Japan Inc. articles, "Windows Fades, Sun's Java Shines"

"And if corporate America led the mid-1990s charge to adopt the desktop, giving Microsoft its monopoly control, it is Japan that is leading the adoption of wireless-enabled, portable devices. And this time, the key software is Java, made by Sun Microsystems of Palo Alto, California. "

Just my .02 cents.

Thanks,
Mike