(keitai-l) Re: Will Microsoft eat your phone?

From: Christian Molstrom <cmolstrom_at_lightsurf.com>
Date: 03/10/02
> With all due respect to Robert Cringely, might I add that
it could be a good idea to take his articles with a grain of
salt?  Many of his articles regarding M$ have taken a
unilateral stance against the juggernaut.  His articles seem
to be packed with subjectivity and lacking of the kind of
balance that might add more validity to his work.

The world is full of people with opinions, and perhaps
that's all there is.  "Balanced objective facts."  I don't
have any idea what you mean.  You fight my cringely with
your scuka, and ample salt-tossing to appease the dieties of
objectivity, but in the end it is just his word against his
word.  You might as well pick the least doltish.  Or most
entertaining.

"There was once a man who was stubbornly right about
everything.  When someone protested he said, 'okay, so you
don't like that truth.  Let me try another.'"

-Christian

> While Cringely waves the bloody sheet and warns of the
coming, M$ sponsored, apocalypse, I'd like to site a breif
excerpt from one of Daniel Scuka's recent Japan Inc.
articles, "Windows Fades, Sun's Java Shines"

> "And if corporate America led the mid-1990s charge to
adopt the desktop, giving Microsoft its monopoly control, it
is Japan that is leading the adoption of wireless-enabled,
portable devices. And this time, the key software is Java,
made by Sun Microsystems of Palo Alto, California. "

> Just my .02 cents.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

look