(keitai-l) Re: Phones Get Real

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 03/15/02
On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, jason pollard wrote:

> Is that a 'one listen' type of fee?  Or could I save it on my keitai and
> listen to it over and over.  Could I feasibly transfer that song over to my
> PC?

Bwahahahahahaha *KLUNK*!

Ouch. Good thing I was sitting down when I read that one.

[Translation: you just paid 300 yen plus 75 yen in bandwith charges for
a song--on top of the monthly fee, of course--and you want to be able to
listen to it more than once for that price? Who are you kidding. Why,
you're lucky you the kind media giants let you listen to music at all.
Why, they're even kind enough that they want to let you store your own
data on a hard disk that you buy, though not be able to copy it. You
should be down on your knees thanking them.

[More details of you moral obligations to record companies are available
by going to <http://www.theregister.co.uk> and typing "RIAA" into the
search box.]

cjs