(keitai-l) Re: Nokia-Germany CEO interview

From: Dr. Carsten Bormann <cabo_at_tzi.org>
Date: 03/15/02
> Well, light weight, colour screens, fancy graphics and e-mail might
> help sway the user. :-)

I have an 80 g color screen GPRS WAP phone with POP3 and SMTP capability.
I don't think the clunky NEC phone is a very charming proposition.
(I'm not saying WAP is great, it's just already there and kind of works, and
supported by a few dozen handsets.)

> If the phones themselves don't support SMS, well, a gateway is not
> hard to create.

You simply couldn't sell a phone without SMS in GSMland, so I expect that to
be there.

The whole i-mode thing at CeBIT looks like they couldn't back up any more
and had to make something work.
But then, they may be successful in creating a niche.

Gruesse, Carsten

PS.: Where can I get FOMA phones and subscriptions for my July/August Japan
visit?
If you know a way, please tell me.