(keitai-l) Re: Want tech detail on billing model

From: Tim Wilson <timwilson2_at_attbi.com>
Date: 03/15/02
Thanks, this is very helpful. I'm not a web programming expert but I
followed your explanation. Your basic point is that BOTH DoCoMo and the
content provider know who is subscribed to what, so billing reconciliation
is possible.

I've plugged in just a couple follow-up questions.

> I assume it's served from a docomo server. The ICP probably hands off to
> this page with success and fail return URLs, similar to how the
> i-area http
> interface is implemented. Based on what URL the user returns to, the ICP

*) What's an ICP (independent content provider?)
*) By "hands off", you mean that the ICP either links to or redirects to the
DoCoMo page, and includes success/fail URLs as GET parameters--correct?
*) What's the "i-area http interface"?

> records. Perhaps doco could provide a query function for official sites
> since they are reasonably trusted relationships:
> 	IsAuthorised(userID, appID);
> assuming some kind of appID is handed out when a new content is granted
> official status.

By what interface would this query function would be called?

Thanks again.