(keitai-l) Re: Nokia-Germany CEO interview

From: Tom Kelly <tom_kelly_us_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 03/16/02
--- Gerhard Fasol <fasol@eurotechnology.com> wrote:

> Those interested to know what Nokia-Germany's
> CEO thinks about i-mode, sha-mail etc can find
> an interview here:

http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/0,1518,186861,00.html

That is corp talk. Nokia will never say i-mode is
going to be successful in Europe.  And you would
expect that they will say the same thing for US
market.

So far, the introduction of European i-mode is a
straight copy of the original i-mode.  The service
brings not only the business model but also
Japanese handsets .

Nokia is now facing with Japanese handset
manufacturers in Europe for the market share.
It is not the first time but certainly it is the first
serious encounter.

Nokia 7650 does look good. But i-mode is
not just about handset.  I would expect i-mode
in Europe to be successful. It may not be as
phenomenal as in Japan but it will be a success.

Given the heavy loss of NTT DoCoMo on oversea
investment, they certainly need it to be successful.

Tom