(keitai-l) Re: European i-mode

From: Hans de Graaff <hans_at_degraaff.org>
Date: 03/23/02

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, rolf van widenfelt wrote:

> does anyone know if and how the euro i-mode handsets handle emoji?
> i like Curt's idea of using a vendor-specific area of unicode,
> but i'd like to know what really happened.

Euro i-mode handsets also handle emoji. See my test page at
http://degraaff.org/i/emoji.html

I haven't checked whether this list is complete, but I believe most of
the emoji are on it. Yes, these are in a different location than the
ones in Japan. Sigh...

I agree that a vendor-specific are of Unicode would be the best long
term solution.

Hans

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--