(keitai-l) J-Phone Tokai "Pj" prepaid phones

From: Jani Patokallio <jpatokal_at_iki.fi>
Date: 04/19/02
Greetings,

I was trawling through the net scouting for a nice prepaid phone to
buy next month, when I ran into this site...

   http://www.suimu.com/prepaid/

...featuring the J-Phone Tokai Pj J-P02 prepaid phone...

  http://www.suimu.com/prepaid/jp_jp02_pj.html

...which retails for a scarcely credible Y6800 with no strings attached
as far as I can see, around the half the price of most competitors.
Where's the catch?  Yes, I know it has the usual prepaid limitations
(outgoing calls Y90/min!), but the only unusual thing I spotted in the
small print is a Y450/mo fee for receiving e-mail -- and even that can be
waived by joining their "Pj Gold" plan.  Credits last for 90 days,
which is three times better than Docomo, and there's a 30-day "recharge"
period after that for a total of 120 days operation, which again beats
Docomo's 60 days (although doesn't match J-Phone Preca's 180).
More data on J-Phone Tokai's own pages:

  http://www.j-phone-central.com/main-hp/pj/

Am I missing something?  Any comments would be appreciated!

(BTW, do any of the prepaid phones on the market support Web browsing?
None of the Pj models do...)

Cheers,
--
Jani Patokallio  >O._,