(keitai-l) (keitai-l)Re: german eplus i-mode question

From: Nik Frengle <eseller_at_eimode.com>
Date: 05/03/02
>1.  is this true for german eplus, too ?
[Nik Frengle] As Mr. Whelan said in an earlier posting, since it is not
yet available on eplus, it is hard to tell.
>2. is this because of hardware limit or has it do with the service
provider
>rules (like billing and stuff)
[Nik Frengle] Both, in Japan. NTT DoCoMo told handset makers what their
iAppli spec was, and expected them to meet it. Since they all use the
same KVM (kilobyte virtual machine), there was a reasonable expectation
that they would meet it. I have tested iApplis on five or six models,
and they all have this limit. It is a limit of the KVM, I think. The
reasons that I have heard are that because of the quite small packet
size, NTT DoCoMo were worried about lost packets on larger downloads,
and the general integrity of their data network.
>3. can some body point me a good code streaming solution.
[Nik Frengle] Sorry. I don't know.

>4. is it possible to access via i-mode mobile devices all kind of http
>servers
>to download jar or has this server to belong to eplus infrastructure.
>is the network access limited to special ip spaces ?
[Nik Frengle] Again, this is for Japan, but YES, a jar file can be
downloaded from any http server, not only an NTT DoCoMo server. It must,
however, be downloaded from EXACTLY the same server as the jam file.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Nik Frengle

---