(keitai-l) Re: Is the i-mode content biz hit based?

From: Funk <funk_at_rieb.kobe-u.ac.jp>
Date: 05/09/02
At 11:57 02/05/08 +0100, you wrote:

>that would interest me as well - hi there - how are sites advertised?
>
>is that like b4 dotcom done with commercials in the usual media, or is there
>a business where content sites work with brands in a marketing mix? or is it
>simply viral?

two of the leading unofficial sites have never advertised. Girls walker
(operated by xavel) and magic island (operated by TOMS) used viral
marketing to succeed and now receive 8 and 25 million page views a day.
they make money through ads in mail. see my book and articles on home page
for more details.
jeff funk
 http://www.rieb.kobe-u.ac.jp/~funk/index.html