(keitai-l) Re: Sha-mail question

From: Kyoichi Ozaki <k_at_afromania.org>
Date: 05/29/02
hi,

From: James Bennett <James.Bennett@paconsulting.com>
Subject: (keitai-l) Sha-mail question
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 14:53:29 +0100

> The picture you send with your J-Phone to a destination that isn't on the
> J-Phone network, i.e. an fixed line email address, a DoCoMo email address,
> takes a week to arrive - or at least a week passes before J-Phone send the
> recipient a link to the sha mail server.
> And if this is so, its to encourage people to move to J-Phone? Do the other
> operators' shamail services do something similar?

no that is not true. but both the J-phone and Docomo MX servers
get very busy often, and refuses smtp connections frequently.
other than that, it is delivered instantly. Just last week,
one of my client's server could not connect to the Docomo MX,
but i could connect from my host fine, so i called Docomo up and
ask about the situation, but all they said was "it's just busy".

this seems to happen more often with jphone, though. and always,
with Jphone to Jphone it is sent instantly, but takes hours to
hosts outside Jphone Network.

---
Kyoichi Ozaki <k@bancho.jp> Network Engineer.
BANCHO Co.,Ltd. http://bancho.jp/
5-46-12-603 HigashiIkebukuro,Toshimaku,Tokyo. 170-0013