(keitai-l) Re: Shift_JIS question

From: Erick Papadakis <erick_papadakis_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 05/31/02
hi Ben and darren, thanks for your notes. but what can
i do then to enable the following. i need to be able
to take text from different japanese data sources
(mostly shift_jis, but also ascii, EUC and
ISO-2002-JP) and somehow merge them into one file.
consider it to be a data integration module in my app.
how can i do this safely? would it be safe to assume
that shift_jis support is enough for japan market?

thanks/erick

--- Ben Hutchings <ben.hutchings@roundpoint.com>