(keitai-l) Re: Shift_JIS question

From: Kyoichi Ozaki <k_at_afromania.org>
Date: 06/01/02
hi, erick

how about converting each data source to a certain
encoding before you merge them?
(for example convert all of them to SJIS,
 with perl use Jcode, with java use getBytes(String enc) )

From: Erick Papadakis <erick_papadakis@yahoo.com>
Subject: (keitai-l) Re: Shift_JIS question
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 07:35:56 -0700 (PDT)

> hi Ben and darren, thanks for your notes. but what can
> i do then to enable the following. i need to be able
> to take text from different japanese data sources
> (mostly shift_jis, but also ascii, EUC and
> ISO-2002-JP) and somehow merge them into one file.
> consider it to be a data integration module in my app.
> how can i do this safely? would it be safe to assume
> that shift_jis support is enough for japan market?

---
Kyoichi Ozaki <k@bancho.jp> Network Engineer.
BANCHO Co.,Ltd. http://bancho.jp/
5-46-12-603 HigashiIkebukuro,Toshimaku,Tokyo. 170-0013