(keitai-l) Re: FOMA battery life?

From: Paul Lester <paul_lester_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 06/11/02
    As for battery life... the cooler the phone, the more features,
the faster that battery drains, but there things you can do to prolong
life time.... from as simple as choosing a different color for your screen,
to setting screen savers, to turning off the backlight, to lowering the volume,
etc etc.  I found on more than one of my phones that changing the backlight
to purple rather than any other color extended the battery lifetime
by at least double.

    On my new phone, the BLACK theme outlasts the RED theme by 2 to 3 times
as well.  Using the camera less and lowering the volumes help a lot also.  These
MA3 chips are so much louder than MA-2s even with the master volume in the files
lowered.

    As well as making sure your phone is in the network range as much as possible,
when the phone is out of range it seems to run down quicker.

    Its a finicky thing for sure, but thats my slant on it.... and I haven't used
FOMA yet but I have used very similar phones.

    So what I say is the more experienced the user the longer the battery life even with
a short lifetime battery.  You have to experiment and figure it out for yourself with each
model.

--
Paul B. Lester

personal homepage: http://pbl1.tripod.com/