(keitai-l) Re: NTT DoCoMo's "Foreigner Tax" Protest 6/20 2PM

From: Kevin Williams <kowtokyo_at_yahoo.co.jp>
Date: 06/17/02
Well, before you go over and make a fool of yourselves at Sanno Park
Tower, might I suggest at least getting NTT DoCoMo's president's name
right.  It's not Tachiyama.  It's Tachikawa.

While I don't necessarily believe that charging a 30,000 yen deposit is
the correct answer, I don't see too many people providing other
suggestions. Should only the US military guys be hit with the deposit,
or is this just more discrimination?  BTW, my understanding is that
DoCoMo approached the US military here and requested they plop down the
deposit to their troops instead of each individual person. That way,
DoCoMo would be safe from those that skip out on paying their bills, and
the US gov't could make sure their guys are responsible members of this
society.  Unfortunately, they said forget it.  Just shows how much faith
they put in their own people.