(keitai-l) Re: GSM, PDC and proprietary systems

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 06/17/02
mmm ... SDR, have to keep an eye on it.

off topics:

heard that the Japanese are discussing about selecting networks
on a per call basis, and maybe different network technologies,
... roaming without a home network?  or a virtual third-party
subscription/authentication service (MVNO?) as the home network?

think many will love the "immature Japanese market".  can NEC
and Motorola Japan still survive when the Japanese operators
only pay 1/3 the prices as today?  Ericsson is already suffering
that new Vodafone guys were surprised by the bills and vow to
cut the capex by more than half.  J-Phone wants to buy the UMTS
equipment at half the price as the PDC network.

it's not 3G.  it's 1G.