(keitai-l) Re: VeriSign's IDN plug-in

From: john yee <john_at_abscond.com>
Date: 06/18/02
I read a bit about Chinese in the full unicode spec (I don't remember
the term...).
Apparently it doesn't support entire language, just something like 10k+
(characters? brush strokes?).
Though I'll eventually find the answers to those questions, I don't
think you need them to hypothesize that, like English, Asian businesses
will have to purchase every method of expressing their name.

So if my business was called 'i'm full,' i'd have purchase the following:

www.imfull.com, .net, etc...
www.im-full.com, .net, etc...
www.ngoi-hec-vow.com, .net, etc...
www.mo-sic-bow.com, .net, etc...

Etc...

...which leaves me just as vulnerable as english domain registration
(more money for verisign/netsol/et al.

What a beautfiul mess.
John