(keitai-l) Re: GSM, PDC and proprietary systems (was somethin g about WLAN)

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 06/21/02
On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Benjamin Kowarsch wrote:

> Thus, the status of an SMS is always known. It's either delivered or
> failed. In that sense it does not get lost.

Is it really the case that mail messages to Docomo phones can get
blackholed? The are really only two ways that that could happen:

    1. One of the MTAs in the delivery chain drops the message on
    the floor.

    2. The message has an invalid envelope address, and thus the
    "delivery failed" message cannot be returned to the sender.

Admittedly, the usual timeout is 7 days, which is a little long
for typical mobile applications....

cjs