(keitai-l) Re: GSM, PDC and proprietary systems

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 06/23/02
hi Juergen,

no network in the world, including the best turned Qualcomm
cdma networks, can only do around 20%.  (I do know someone
who claim much less, but I won't believe easily like you.)

we don't have to monitor any network by sending messages to
phones in a well covered office.  the test is rather complex.

how much is your test from that of DoCoMo's who reported
"TCP works"?  DoCoMo became mad later that I saw them in too
many places pushing for "a wireless-TCP standard".

they don't want to use WAP but do they have a choice?

who is implementing i-mode in Europe?  CMG.

why?  because they (and Nokia) have the best knowledge on WAP.

why not Nokia was because KPN prefers another Dutch company,
like DoCoMo prefers NEC.

btw, Michael, I do believe DoCoMo subscribers leave phones on
longer, because they are on average richer.  many girls who
use J-Phone often have to turn the mobile off while working.
but this is another proof how well J-Phone have been doing.

cheers,

Ken