(keitai-l) Re: GSM, PDC and proprietary systems

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 06/24/02
> no network in the world, including the best turned Qualcomm
> cdma networks, can only do around 20%.  (I do know someone
> who claim much less, but I won't believe easily like you.)

It's not about believing, but than lets define what a "first
attempt" is...you claim that 20-30% of messages can not
delivered in a first attempt. My controlled tests speak a
different language, so we should define it first.

"Normally" a message is delivered to the handset some seconds
after you sent it. This is what I define as a first attempt. If
it comes some minutes after sending, did this already count as
failed (did a retry from the handset took place = second
attempt?) or is it just delayed in some complicated anti-spam
rules in DoCoMo's gateway before it is even ready to get
delivered to the handset, so it comes in still at the first
attempt?

Sometimes you also see the phenomena that a message will not
arrive and if you sent a second message, it "pushes" out the
first and second one. Sometimes in different order.

So how do you define a "first attempt"?

Thanks,

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing: http://nooper.co.jp/