(keitai-l) Re: Where/Who are the i-mode developers?

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 06/29/02
Dunn Drue wrote:

> We constanly hear astronomical figures bandied about with regard to i-mode
> subscription, but how about the developers?  How many are there?  Where do
> they work?  Will there be more in the near future?

You are probably right that imode (and Jsky and EZweb etc) subscriber
numbers (altogether about 50 million) are astronomical compared to
WAP users in Europe and US...

There are approx. 3000 companies providing content on "official" partner
sites for imode, Jsky, EZweb. Estimating the # of individuals working in
this industry is not that easy, if you want my rough guess, lets say about
15,000-60,000 if you take 5-20 for each of the 3000 content providers.

Where to they work: all over Japan + some in Europe + some in US +
some in India etc.

Will there be more in the near future: yes.

Hope this helps - you can find more info in the imode-faq:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/faq.html

Best regards,

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/