(keitai-l) DoCoMo caught again by its own success

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 07/18/02
nearly 1.3 mln SH251i handsets were sold in June, about the same
as the best selling N504i.  now that F251i and D251i already hit
the streets and SH251i has become more available in more shops,
I expect upto 2 mln 251s will be sold in July, which will make
the low-end series the best seller replacing flagship 504 phones.

if DoCoMo don't restraint its handset sales, and the regulators
won't get involved to stop DoCoMo, maybe as soon as Christmas
we'll see the "pirate" Sha-Mail surpass J-Phone as #1 picture
mail service in the world ... in Japan I mean.

think DoCoMo is mad now rushing out to build their network to
accommodate the large capacity for the picture mail users.

Vodafone guys are busy now with cost cutting and restructuring,
and purging old Japanese guys?  that totally missed the point -
the cost #1 is not providing new innovative features to attract
customers ... at whatever cost.

stupid English.

btw, after tried the new 251i, I believe the old J-SH08 model
is still the best buy on the market - similar features at less
than half price, and a better network.

i-shot isn't as good as Sha-Mail yet, and DoCoMo has significant
problems.  but still they should be able to beat J-Phone because
the users, like many here, still have faith in the brand.

cheers,

Ken