(keitai-l) Re: au/jphone java

From: Tom Motoyoshi Kalland <tmk_at_infeline.org>
Date: 08/02/02
hi eitzenberger thomas,

thanks for the reply. sounds interesting indeed. do you know what other
makers than siemens support, in particular the phones on the japanese
market? if most phones support sockets there is no reason for me to battle
this silly http thing.

i'm still curious on kddi/au and jphone though. anyone got any info? anyone
got their api?

i wrote a test system yesterday. i've yet to implement a proper ui on the
phone and compress&encrypt the data, but otherwise it works fine. however,
with http overhead it gets quite expensive to use with the typical packet
charges today.

i'll make it more usable before i decide to port it to specific phones like
siemens (which sounds neat with sockets and threaded network).

regards,
.tmk