(keitai-l) Re: chating app proted to siemens phones

From: Eitzenberger Thomas <thomas.eitzenberger_at_siemens.com>
Date: 08/14/02
Tom Motoyoshi Kalland wrote:

>hi eitzenberger thomas,
>
>thanks for the reply. sounds interesting indeed. do you know what other
>makers than siemens support, in particular the phones on the japanese
>market? if most phones support sockets there is no reason for me to battle
>this silly http thing.

doubt that others support it (european market only. I have no clue about
japan)

>i wrote a test system yesterday. i've yet to implement a proper ui on the
>phone and compress&encrypt the data, but otherwise it works fine. however,
>with http overhead it gets quite expensive to use with the typical packet
>charges today.

We have a simple multiplayer game online that works via http and it
costs 80 Kb for approx. 1 hour (GPRS)
It looks at the sevrer every 3 seconds (plus 5 secs latency for http)...

If you want more info go to http://www.siemens.at/soccer

>i'll make it more usable before i decide to port it to specific phones like
>siemens (which sounds neat with sockets and threaded network).

Let me know when you are ready. I can assist with hardware and with
development / porting resources

mfg ET