(keitai-l) Re: a5301t weight

From: Nik Frengle <eseller_at_eimode.com>
Date: 08/12/02
Ken Chang wrote:
btw, it looks that many 504i and 251i users have their bills
jumped 20-30% (no accurate data).  it'll be interesting to see
what actions these users are going to take: accept the higher
bill/ARPU, restrict usage, or defect to au/KDDI or J-Phone.

Nik Frengle asks:
As a relatively new 504i user who has not yet received a bill, I would
appreciate it if you could be more specific on the above statement.
'Have their bills jumped' suggests an action being done to one, and by
implication, having it done involuntarily. This of course feels
unacceptable, but I would like to know what the facts are.
My bigger question for the group as a whole is this: Apparently 504i, as
well as 211i models (I am not sure about 251i) are dual band, working on
both the traditional 800 MHz and the 1.5 GHz band. Until a year or so
ago, NTT DoCoMo priced communications on the 1.5 GHz band more cheaply.
They called the service 'CityPhone', and had single band 1.5 GHz
handsets. Does anyone know if these still exist?
Obviously NTT DoCoMo are having problems with capacity, and the dual
band solution is not a bad one--in fact it is proving more popular than
their other solution, Foma. I am just curious to see whether I am
charged less for a commodity (1.5 GHz bandwidth) which they have
previously valued lower than what I and most user thought we were
buying, which was 800 MHz bandwidth.
If anyone knows the answer to this, thanks.

-Nik Frengle

---