(keitai-l) Re: a5301t weight

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 08/13/02
On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Ken Chang wrote:

> if I were the designer and I could have done less than 110 g,
> I'd probably adjust it back to 120 g by using a bigger battery.
> 120 g and 48 mm width are now criteria for handset design.

Uh....I don't know about that. By that standard you'd also say that a 24
mm or so depth is a new criterion, since that's what most phones have
been. Yet Panasonic, at least, seems to have regained its senses, and
the new P504i is now 99g and 16.8 mm deep (a heck of a lot thinner than
the P503iS's 27 mm).

And I'm not sure that weight has all that much relation to battery
life, anyway; my 73 g F503i does quite well.

cjs