(keitai-l) au Download woes

From: Colin Mack <colin_at_b-factory.co.jp>
Date: 08/13/02
Is anyone out there an au/ezplus downloading expert yet?

We are now getting ready to put together ez(not!)web/ezplus versions of
some of our existing imode services. We're making a few little test
applis to check out how things look & perform on various au phone
models, but we're having trouble getting the whole download shenanigans
to work right all the time.

Since our full-blown charge-recording download engine extravaganza will
not be installed on our server for a couple of weeks, and the
download.cgi provided by kddi on the ezfactory pages doesn't seem to
work right, I made checksum and download programs based on the sample
code in the ezget spec v3.0.   Finally have gotten to the point where I
can download applis correctly on a Toshiba and a Casio A3012CA, but not
on a Panasonic C3003P. (I had to reverse the byte order of the checksum
data that gets put on the end of the file to make it work, compared with
the kddi's sample code, which kinda worries me)  On the C3003P the
download finishes correctly, the appli is stored to the data folder, but
then I immediately get the wonderfully helpful message "illegal data"
($BIT_at_5%G!<%?!K(Band the appli won't run. I was able to download a png file
correctly though.

Anyone know what's up with this?

TIA,

Colin