(keitai-l) Re: a5301t weight - handset design

From: Petri Ojala <ojala_at_iki.fi>
Date: 08/13/02
> no Curt, length and thickness are far less important than width.
> maybe 49 mm is OK but not 50 mm.  interesting it's so sensitive,
> and especially when you compete for small Japanese girls.

I recently had to give my T68(i) (100 x 48 x 20 mm, 84 g) for service and
moved back to the Nokia 8310 (97 x 43 x 17-19 mm, 84 g).  Although the two
are very similar in size and weight, I always felt that the T68 was a bit
too big and after a week with the 8310 I feel reluctant to go back for a
bigger phone.

Although I had become very familiar with the Ericsson user interface, the
Nokia feels better for the most common tasks, less buttons to press and the
"next step" is more obvious (correct) than with Ericsson.  With so little
use for MMS and T68's use of colours, I haven't even missed the colour
screen.

I want my credit-card sized phone for voice/sms only and a separate all
bells and whistles phone ;-)

Petri

PS. As far as I know, I'm not a Japanese girl