(keitai-l) email into keitai systems

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 08/23/02
I am setting up a few lists to send a smallish/intermediate number of
emails into the various keitai networks (a few thousand -> 10,000 a day,
daily).

The lists are fully opt in, obviously....

I have no experience of this. Am I likely to face problems?  Are there any
peculiarities of the various services email servers that I should look out
for? Are they prejudiced against large numbers of bcc's ? (is it better to
send "to" everything?) How strictly "correct" does my DNS have to be - do
they do reverse lookups?

Do any of the services blackhole email senders - if so, under what
conditions? I know that lots of IP ranges are blackholed - the NTT OCN
single IP static addresses for example

I stress - this is all above aboard email. My email address dates from
1986 and I get horrid amounts of spam, so I am personally rather sensitive
about it.

How do you handle email address changes that lead to bouncing? Is it worth
putting bounced mail addresses into a database and cutting the account if
it hits an arbitrary number of bounces, for example...? (The BBC appears
to do this, or something similar. It is probably fairly trivial to do.)

Experiences of people who already do this would be much appreciated.

regards, and many thanks....

Nick