(keitai-l) Re: Mobile**2 Private Network

From: Miranda Arkwright <arkwright_at_eircom.net>
Date: 08/23/02
Hmm, interesting problem. No complete solution springs to mind. TETRA sounds
like it might come closest, but it probably won't deliver on cost. Also due
to the licensing issue may require using a service operator rather than a
mobile base station solution. URLs below.

Regards
Richard Evans

TETRA
Base Station OK, License Doubtful, Audio OK, Text (depends on exact
requirement), Coverage OK, Secure OK, Cost unsure.
http://www.nokia.com/networks/systems_
and_solutions/whatis_faq/1,23786,14,00.html

Motorola ASTRO 25
Base Station OK, License Doubtful, Audio OK, Text (depends on exact
requirement), Coverage OK, Secure OK, Cost unsure.
http://www.motorola.com/cgiss/networks.shtml

GSM
Base Station OK, License Doubtful, Audio ? no broadcast facility, Text OK,
Coverage OK, Secure OK, Cost OK

Cybiko
Base Station N/A, License OK, Audio NO, Text OK, Coverage OK given
sufficient terminal density, Secure NO, Cost Cheap!
http://www.cybiko.com/index_uk.asp