(keitai-l) Re: Mobile**2 Private Network

From: Jorge Alonso <jorge_at_allinabill.com>
Date: 08/23/02
Assuming the license is not a problem, GSM seems to be the solution.
There are some simple solutions out there
http://www.iwv.com/gsm_products.html. The BTS element can be more
sophisticated, I have seen some network in a box solutions built on all
terrain trucks from Canada that were very impressive and expensive.

Jorge Alonso

Also
> due
> to the licensing issue may require using a service operator rather
than a
> mobile base station solution. URLs below.
>
> Regards
> Richard Evans
>
> TETRA
> Base Station OK, License Doubtful, Audio OK, Text (depends on exact
> requirement), Coverage OK, Secure OK, Cost unsure.
> http://www.nokia.com/networks/systems_
> and_solutions/whatis_faq/1,23786,14,00.html
>
> Motorola ASTRO 25
> Base Station OK, License Doubtful, Audio OK, Text (depends on exact
> requirement), Coverage OK, Secure OK, Cost unsure.
> http://www.motorola.com/cgiss/networks.shtml
>
> GSM
> Base Station OK, License Doubtful, Audio ? no broadcast facility, Text
OK,

http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/