(keitai-l) Popular GPS and Location Based Services in Japan and Korea

From: Jay <wirelessjava_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 08/30/02
Hello to the Keitai members in Japan and Korea

I was doing some research on some popular GPS or Location based services in Korea and Japan.  Could anyone breakdown some of the sevices for the three major Carriers in Japan   NTT Docomo, J-Phone,  KDDI

For Korea    SK Telecom,  Korea Telcom Freetel and others

The stuff I heard from Japan are the following:

J-Navi (J-phone) ,  NTT Docomo - NAVI (Naviewn),  KDDI -  EZ-Navi

Seiko Epson's Locatio

For Korea   SK Telecom using a portal to get location based services like www.nate.com for  KTF is a mystery for me ?

Could anyone elaborate on

1. How reliable services are ?

2. Is it a success ?

3. Do they actually profit from these services ?

I posted some info reguarding GPS in my older posts.

---Jay