(keitai-l) Re: Instant Messaging and messaging interoperability on wireless webs in Japan

From: Tom Motoyoshi Kalland <tmk_at_infeline.org>
Date: 08/30/02
doesn't the new kddi/au phones (a5xxx series) let you run java apps in the
'background' that gets trigged on special events like that? read somewhere
that kddi/au are putting up a new service where a company can track all
their sales staff. the sales people have an app running on their phone, and
the boss (or whoever) can request location information and status etc. from
the phone to see what the employees are doing. the application didn't have
to run in the foreground, but was trigged in some way. not sure how though,
as the article didn't go into any technical details.

anyway, i guess this feature will make kddi/au's market share among sales
people to drop.

.tmk