(keitai-l) Re: Java running into trouble on cell phones?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 09/05/02
On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, James Santagata wrote:

> ...although I was never certain how a poorly written
> Java program was superior to a well written C or perl program.

The well written C program has (usually exploitable) buffer overlows.
The Java program doesn't.

More than 80% of security reports I see are the exploitable or
potentially exploitable bugs that allow malicious code to be
downloaded and run on your computer. Not one of these bugs could
ever have existed in the program if it had been written in Java.

Java has its problems, certainly, but C is the cause of far more.

cjs