(keitai-l) Re: xslt and php

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_pukupi.com>
Date: 10/17/02
> Your question is not very 'keitai', however:
> I know php is not very efficient concerning xml manipulation.
> DOM XML functions are still heavy and not stabilized.

I think XML/XSLT is very "keitai":

1. Develop a XML DTD encompassing elements common to all wireless
platforms.
2. Create valid XML content using this DTD.
3. Detect and transform content via XSLT based on a users wireless
platform.
4. Sit back, relax and enjoy.

As wireless platforms gravitate towards XHTML Basic, the above solution
may be less relevant but for now it is one possible solution to
wireless platform hell.

I agree that PHP has some way to go in the XML/XSLT area although it
has never been a platform that lags for long.

Kyle

--

http://pukupi.com