(keitai-l) Re: Wireless P2P?

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11/11/02
I think the reason why the low power IR for 504i was that DoCoMo
expected to use it for payment.  near range ensures that one won't
accidentally pay someone else's bill.

now DoCoMo think IR may more likely be used as remote controllers
and will allow higher power for the 505i series.

for me, I think if more handsets have SD slot and programmable
control of SD (Java, BREW), then you can virtually have everything
via SDIO.  there are already Bluetooth SD cards from Panasonic and
Toshiba.  I hope I can use a Vodafone UMTS handset with WLAN and
IP phone features within a year ... maybe they won't allow me.

cheers,

Ken