(keitai-l) Re: Biometric Chip Costs

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12/03/02
don't know biometrics but if it's organic EL (electro-luminescent)
display, the ones used in Fujitsu F504i (and F504iS due next week?)
are manufactured by Pioneer in Yamagata using Kodak technology.
http://www.pioneer.co.jp/topec/product/el/oel.html

a Pioneer-Sharp joint venture "ELDis Inc" manufactures TFT drivers
for OEL in Tochigi.

Sanyo also partners with Kodak to manufacture organic EL display
(Sanyo low temperature p-Si TFT driver + Kodak organic EL diode)
at a joint venture "SK Display" in Singapore.

Toshiba and Panasonic work together to manufacture LED/OLED,
including the famous (will be) QVGA TFT display for J-T08.  they
have facilities in Himeji, Hokuriku, and Singapore.

the "Samsung NEC Mobile Display" also manufactures OEL but I have
no details.  I don't know another major LCD manufacturer Hitachi.

I have no idea about manufacturing cost ... so I cannot answer
the question! ;)  anyone, CIA, MI5, Mossad, or al-Qaeda, please
find out and tell me.

cheers,

Ken