(keitai-l) Re: Web services for keitai

From: Jay <wirelessjava_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12/06/02
I have heard more information reguarding web services.  Could you explain more about what they do.  I do not think they have a english website
---Jay
 Ken Chang <kench@hotmail.com> wrote:
think many read the news that J-Phone is working with Nettime
(investors include DoCoMo, Sumitomo, and Mitsubishi), to trial
SCOAP (smart card object access protocol).

a small client runs on the handset (or SIM or Java Card),
a gateway converts SCOAP to SOAP messages to access Web services,
kind of WAP but at higher levels.

what do you think of it (http://www.nettime.co.jp/)? and
in general SunONE/J2EE or .NET for keitai?

cheers,

Ken