(keitai-l) Re: cdma overlay on PDC network?

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12/06/02
Nick, I over heard Japanese engineers talking about it but probably
the political people will turn it down.

cdma2000 overlay on PDC will be much cheaper and in many ways better
than UMTS, as long as the old PDC-P switches can handle the traffic.
I don't know exactly how it'll be done though.  it's also easier to
develop cdma2000 handsets (if you don't have problem with Qualcomm).

Nik, UMTS consists of a DS-CDMA radio network on top of a GPRS core
network which is not very different from 2.5G GSM.