(keitai-l) Re: Web services for keitai

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12/07/02
one correction, the trial is with Japan Telecom, J-Phone's parent
company which is a major ISP in Japan.  I don't know what they're
thinking but there are two things I can see:

(1) everyone is developing Web services and within two years, one
may not be able to afford not using it, wired or wireless.

(2) the SOAP gateway for keitai could be the next gold mine after
HTTP and SMTP gateways (WAP and MMS).  SOAP messages have strong
patterns/models that I don't think it's that difficult to design
a not-so-dirty but much-more-efficient protocol for mobile phones.

actually the name "smart card object access protocol" reminds me
HDML decks.  ... I like card games, too.

cheers,

Ken

P.S.,
please remember there are a lot of WAP fans in Japan, not only
in KDDI, J-Phone, or many manufacturers, but within DoCoMo, too.