(keitai-l) Re: SMAF MMF

From: Paul Lester <paul.lester_at_l8tech.com>
Date: 12/12/02
    SMAF synchro has been around for awhile now, but until recently
when JPhone finally broke the 6k limit with the J-X5X models,
it was hard to cram all the wave/midi and graphics data in, so
it wasn't used for more than some Karaoke, and some other
adventuresome people.

    I'm not sure exactly when it started, but I remember testing with
some SMAF synchro stuff at the latest 14 months ago.  Pretty much any phone
bought in the last year (or maybe two) should support SMAF synchro.

    The standard player in the phone does indeed support it.

    You can find out a lot more on Yamaha's SMAF site:
http://smaf.yamaha.co.jp/index-e.html

These URLs will answer what models are supported:

http://smaf.yamaha.co.jp/jphone-e.html
http://smaf.yamaha.co.jp/au-e.html
http://smaf.yamaha.co.jp/tu-ka-e.html

and here is the FAQ

http://smaf.yamaha.co.jp/faq-e.html

dc wrote:

> //  SMAF is mobile audio format (*.mmf) wich can contain midi, wave, phrase
> //  and graphics data.
>
> Maybe the format supports it, but does the standard player in the phones
> display the graphics? I have seen stuff on JPhone that plays back some kind
> of condensed animated content just from clicking a weblink. Then the
> question is which models...
>
> /dc
>
> //
> //  cheers,
> //
> //  Ken
> //
> //  _________________________________________________________________
> //  The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*
> //  http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
> //
> //
> //  This mail was sent to address dc@gamelet.com
>
> This mail was sent to address paul.lester@lincmedia.co.jp

*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*F=m(dv/dt)
Paul B. Lester
theta division
LincMEDIA Group:(Layer-8 Technologies Inc)
Chief Engineer
Programmer/Chakumelo engineer/DBA/QA etc
EMAIL: paul_lester@lincmedia.co.jp
--
http://www.thetamusic.com/
http://myc.thetamusic.com/