(keitai-l) Re: SMAF MMF

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 12/12/02
//  btw, the FOMA i-motion supports SMIL.  it now can do maximum 300 KB
//  download size (40 sec), and 100 KB mail (15 sec) on the new handsets.

I am pretty sure i-motion was just their raster video format (originally MS
.asf files).

SMIL is more of a markup language (HTML + time).

MMS content is a very basic subset of SMIL (but the spec also seems to say
that the first rev of handsets can pretty much ignore everything like layout
and just show slides).
It would be interesting if i-motion did support SMIL as then euro MMS
content could potentiall (with a little translation) be viewed here too!

These formats seem to be getting more interesting. I've seen CMX karaoke
with synchorized graphics, lyrics etc. These formats seem to handle much
more than just ringtones... and Jasper commented earlier:

//  SMAF is mobile audio format (*.mmf) wich can contain midi, wave, phrase
//  and graphics data.

Maybe the format supports it, but does the standard player in the phones
display the graphics? I have seen stuff on JPhone that plays back some kind
of condensed animated content just from clicking a weblink. Then the
question is which models...

/dc

//
//  cheers,
//
//  Ken
//
//  The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*
//  http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
//
//
//  This mail was sent to address dc@gamelet.com