(keitai-l) Re: docomo charging per ip for receiving emails?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 12/20/02
On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Colin Mack wrote:

> Based on the article you gave the link to, and the lovely diagram
> enclosed within, it looks to me like they are just offering a special
> service to ISPs that gives the provider better access into docomo's
> mail system than what they would get if they didn't sign up for the
> service. It doesn't say "if you don't pay, you can't send mail to
> docomo users" but "if you pay, you get your own dedicated connection
> into our mail system".

I suspect that this may be based on mail volume, or something like that.
In my case, *all* of my docomo mail (from my phone, from my computer,
and to my phone, whether it be from another computer or another docomo
phone) goes through one of my pair of Internet mail servers, and I'm not
getting connection refusals.

cjs