(keitai-l) RE : european market

From: Manu <manu_at_freak404.com>
Date: 12/20/02
Hello,

I don't have precise numbers, but working for a company which works in
SMS premium services.
What are the revenues coming from ?

A lot from ringtones and logos, coming from MO and MTR fees ( overbilled
SMS =3D 4x to 10x the price of a classic SMS, MO =3D paying for sending =
,
MTR =3D paying for receiving ). Other services exists ( contests, chat,
dating, etc..)
Reverse billing on WAP ( news, java games, ringtones, etc..)
And now the new golden chicken : MMS.
MMS is launch in most of European countries, 2-3 month free, but after
0,50 euros for MMS ( up to 15ko ), and 0,15 euros ( below 15ko)

Classic SMS are very profitable for operators. In Europe thousands of
billions SMS are send every month. ( like mobile mail in Japan ) and a
SMS cost 0,15 euros.=20
See you

Manu
www.i-mood.net=20