(keitai-l) Re: flash on 505

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 04/20/03
//  > mobile needs.
//  > I think I read somewhere Macromedia also signed with Nokia ..
//  can't =20=

err, anyone can do a series 60 app, that is a unilateral decision that MM
could take. Doesn't indicate any interest from Nokia, it's a basically an
open platform like Windoze.  But if operators don't pre-install the app, it
won't get distribution.

I wonder if there are any stats out there how many native epoc apps get
added to those phones? I guess piracy of java games is a big deal in europe,
but how many people actually add new native apps?

/dc

//
//  > find
//  > where .. did I dream of that ?
//
//
//  Here is Nokia-Macromedia  agreement:
//
//  http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0005/25.macromedia.shtml
//
//  http://www.macromedia.com/software/flashplayer/resources/devices
//  /nokia/=20=
//
//  devkit/
//
//  http://www.symbian.com/news/2002/pr020313b.html
//
//  I think you will soon see Flash over Platform 60...
//
//  Ciao
//
//  Giovanni
//
//  >
//  > On another hand, I'm really disappointed to see flash invade the =20
//  > mobile area
//  >  I was hoping for the mobile internet to be the nest where
//  SVG could =20=
//
//  > grow.
//  > But how could really think Microsoft and Macromedia would not take =20
//  > part into
//  > this next revolution ?
//  >
//  > Any more info about that ?
//  >
//  > -   Mobile    Internet    Consultant    -
//  > Mel :  nicolas.combelles@apocope.com
//  > Web : http://www.apocope.com
//  >
//  >