(keitai-l) Re: J-SH53 announced on 4/24

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 04/28/03
On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Nick May wrote:

> Keitai-l users may find pda indispensable, but then I bet a significant
> number of people on this list would have slight difficulty writing a
> handwritten letter, so used are we all to typing. For many potential users
> of pda, the hassle of typing, poking, pressing buttons and so on is a bit
> too much. Yet those same people use keitai - albeit only the basic
> features.

I'd probably fall more into the latter category than the former. I use
a PDA, because it is helpful for some things, but I still feel that I'm
more putting up with it than it's really making my life hugely better.

But again, we're back to consumer applications that need the CPU cycles.
For business applications, an employee can't refuse to use a device
because it won't accept his speech input.

cjs