(keitai-l) input devices: laser qwerty keyboard

From: Giovanni Bertani <giovanni.bertani_at_exsense.com>
Date: 05/05/03
At the Symbian Exposium 2003 I had the chance to test this new
laser keyboard.

Maybe somebody of you have already read about this.

Is composed by two components. A laser beam on the top of
the device projects a fixed  image of a qwerty keyboard
on a flat surface and an IR sensor  in the bottom detects
your fingers typing on the projected image.

This is a prototype but it can be easily integrated in a keitai
phone.  Typing is not bad but the limit is that you need
a proper surface so I suppose no plane and no train...

Have a look:

http://martinlittle.com/gallery/2003/latest/large/Foto28.jpg

(The site is from Martin Little)

Giovanni